Saturday, May 31, 2008

touched

yesterday i booked an appointment to get my haircut.
i checked in and sat down.

at the place i go to, they have assistants that call your name and take you to the back to wash your hair. when they finish, they take you to the haircutter.

well, as i was waiting on the chair, i hear my named being called. it's being called from a guy.
every time i go, there have only been female assistants.
i get up and he shakes my hand and says hi and asks me to follow him. immediately, i can tell he is gay.
when we get to the sink, he asks me how i am. i make eye contact and tell him i'm doing alright.
i'm not sure, but he may have picked up a few vibes from me. he says, that's good and i smile.
he tells me to have a seat and he lowers my head into the sink.
at this point i didn't know if i should make conversation or not, but being the chicken i am i sat quietly as he turned on the water.
i didn't know what to do, so i just closed my eyes.

he wet my hair and then started lathering the shampoo. this was normal, but then he started massaging my head.
they've never done this before. it's always a quick shampoo (sometimes conditioner) then it's over.
but this guy started massaging around my temples and then lifted my head and was massaging my lower neck.
it felt soooo good!
then he rinsed my hair of all the shampoo and i thought that was going to be it since they don't always add conditioner. (weird, i know)
but then i hear him pumping conditioner out of a bottle and he puts it in my hair and really massages it in there again. he was rubbing my neck again and it just felt really good.
it just felt so good to be touched by a man.
i know it's pretty sad, but that's the most intimate i've been with a guy, LOL!

he rinsed it all out and towel dried my hair and told me to sit up and follow him so he could take me to the haircutter. he sat me down in the chair and i told him thank you.
he said "no problem" and then he left to go wash somebody else's hair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did u forget to tip him? if so,u mite not get that same treatment next time ;(

Anonymous said...

I love this story. (I wondered about the tip, too.) Next time you get your hair cut, if he does the prep, I want you to smile at him and maybe even wink when you thank him. Promise? Okay! Or you might ask him when he will be taking appointments for his own clients (assuming he doesn't already). ... I want to come back to this blog in four or five weeks and see what happens next time you get your hair cut. ... Oh, and by the way, be sure to tell Lisa about what a great shampoo you got from the new guy. It will begin opening the lines of communication that will eventually allow the two of you to talk openly about how much you enjoyed being paid such intimate attention by a guy.

Mr. X said...

usually i never see people tip the "assistants/shampoo-ers." so in the past i never have. they don't even have a tip jar like the hair cutters do.
but after he was done, i really wanted to give him a tip except i didn't have any broken bills! usually after i pay for my haircut, i get cashback to give a tip to the haircutter. so i got extra cash to tip him, but when i went back i didn't see him again. :(