Monday, January 21, 2008

*speechless!!*

gosh, do i have BIG news!

i know what you're thinking....and no, i did not come out.

...but someone i know did, but not to me.


this morning i had three missed calls and one text.
they were from last night. i didn't hear them because my phone was on silent.
each call and text was from lisa's boyfriend. he didn't leave a voicemail, but his text said,
"[mr.x] call me when you can. i need to talk about some personal stuff. it's really important!"

this morning, i texted him back and told him to call me whenever he wanted.
a few minutes later he called me.

his voice was soft and emotional.

"hey, [mr. x]. um...how are you?"

"i'm fine, but how are you? what's wrong?"

"*big sigh* uh...it's lisa. her and i are having trouble in our relationship. i think this is the begining of the end of our relationship."

"why is that?"

"well...i trust you and you're a really good friend, so don't tell her i told you, but she came out as bi to me yesterday."

i was completely speechless!! one of my good friends who i have been wanting to tell that *i* was gay was going through the same struggle with herself!

he continued, "i just don't know what to do. she says she is wanting her space. i'm sure she's going to want to experiment with other girls. it hurts. we've been together for over a year and she is the first girl that i've ever fallen in love...like true love...like, i could see us being married."

it's true. this is the most serious i've seen him with a girl. he's had girlfriends before, but this relationship is the one that i've seen him actually fall in love.
i really wish i had more to tell him, but i was in shock!
everything she was telling him, i had experienced myself.
he said that she was crying so much and telling him that she had denied her feelings even though she knew since middle school.

i told him to give her some time because this is such a big event in her life. she's scared and confused.

i'm actually still in some shock as i write this only because i just got off the phone and haven't had a lot of time to really think about it.
i wonder what will happen. i really wish i could let her i know and let her know that i'm gay too.
or maybe i'll wait until she comes out to me--if she comes out to me.
would it be selfish to tell her i'm gay right after she tells me she's gay?
i guess it wouldn't because we could talk about both of our situations/experiences.

hmmm....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This only proves that reality is far more humorous than fiction.

Rest assured that all works out in the end as it should and you'll both sit back with a good laugh over wine one day soon over this.

Anonymous said...

Funny how life works sometimes, no?

A childhood friend of mine got back in touch with me after many years apart. We're currently both in our late twenties.

During that first conversation, this friend (who has been out for 10+ yrs now), nervously started the "I have something to tell you..." speech. I started laughing, and said, "Oh, I know! And I love you. No worries, but while we're at it, I have something to tell YOU..." My friend’s response was along the lines of, "What? How did you know I was... Did you figure me out when we were kids/teenagers? Wait. Does this mean... No. You too? I had no idea."

LOL! How adorable. We now joke that there must’ve been something in the water in the area where we grew up. ;)

I had/have been struggling with some things in my life, so it has felt great to be able to laugh together and talk things out with someone I trust. I feel very fortunate to have this person back in my life again.

Good luck with your friend.