Saturday, November 17, 2007

the club continued...

i decided to look over the railing and find my group.
i stood there by myself looking down watching people dance.
...
holding the rail with both of my hands, i look down and finally spot my group dancing. i stand there for a bit when i see someone walk up near me through my peripheral vision. i don't look up, but look at their feet to see how close they are.
he's not too close to me...about four feet away. so i don't really think too much about it.

then slowly, he starts inching his way in my direction. i'm not sure what i should do.
should i make eye contact?
should i just leave?
should i scoot over?
i finally look up and he had been looking at me the whole time. nervously, i tighten my grip on the railing. as i watch him scoot in closer, he seems to be swaying.

is he drunk?

finally, he's only inches away and smiles at me. i didn't know what to do, so i smile back.
immediately afterwards, i asked myself why i smiled. i guess it's habit because i always smile at people.
but here, i'm sure it gives the wrong impression.

the next thing he did kind of shocked me. he leaned to my ear and said, "hi, my name's [?]. what's yours?"
and then he kissed my ear?

at this point it was obvious that he was totally drunk! he was slurring his words, and i didn't even really understand what he said his name was.
after my initial shock, i just was a little freaked out.
quickly and nervously, i said,
"..hey...um, my name's (x). uh...sorry, i was just looking for my friends...they're waiting for me, uh..we're about to leave. sorry, i gotta go."
then i just walked off.

i kinda felt bad because i probably came off as a huge jerk.
however, since he was drunk, i was probably was speaking too fast for him to understand and secondly, i doubt he would even remember this situation the next day.

so yeah, i went downstairs and met my friends. i didn't tell them about my little "adventure."
we danced a little more, then left.

p.s.: thanks to "anonymous" for the comment on the last comment. don't be a stranger! you're welcome to comment anytime. :)
that goes for everyone reading this. i like to know who's reading this and what they think. i think it's pretty cool how so many of us can relate to each other.
are there any other readers of my blog in the same situation i'm in? (still in the closet and wanting to come out) or maybe some of you are already out, i'd like to know how your "coming out" experience has been. or perhaps you just want to stop by and say hi. you know, whatever.
:)

1 comment:

K said...

You totally missed your chance man..coulda had a hot hookup...haha!

I totally understand though....it must have been super awkward seeing him inch towards you out of the corner of your eye and not knowing how to react.

We all get better with time I suppose..