Friday, November 9, 2007

friends

alright...the votes are all tallied up and the topic for today is chosen.

lol, okay, so there was some sarcasm there. i only got one vote. but that made all the difference! i really wasn't expecting any votes.
so, i just want to give a thanks to aek (the masks we wear) for choosing the next topic!

topic for today's entry will be...
...my new friends.



some quick background info about my friends prior to college 1.

thinking back about previous friends, i've noticed that they were mostly girls.
i've always had more girl (space) friends than guy friends.

back in elementary, i remember one of my best friends was a guy, but he moved away. in fifth grade, i became best friends with these two girls. i had other guy and girl friends too, but those two were the ones i talked to and hung out with the most.
we'd sit together at lunch, we'd work on projects together, and we'd play four square together during recess.
sadly, they both moved away after elementarty school.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


in middle school, i had guy and girl friends, but most of them happened to be girls.
this also carried over to high school. i think some of it had to do with me not being able to relate with them that much.
even some of the girls thought i was different, but in a good way. i remember someone telling me, 'you're not like other guys. you're really nice and much more mature than most of them.'
it's true.
i did feel different and did feel more mature than them. part of it probably had to do with me not "picking" on girls.

i mean, what do young adolescent boys usually do when they "like" that girl in class?
they tease her, or play with her hair, or do something that usually annoys them, lol. well, i never had those feelings toward girls, so i never picked on or teased anybody.

it's actually pretty funny when i find myself hanging out with a group of all girl friends. somehow they find themselves talking about boys and/or boyfriends and saying something like "ugh...boys are stupid!"
realizing what they just said, they look over at me, smile, and either say like "um...no offense!" or "uh, well, not you!"
then i smile back and we just start laughing.

well, after high school, i left to college 1.
that's where the 'twist' in my friends took place.

...and that's where i'll pick up next time.

2 comments:

Aek said...

Haha, no problem!

That kinda mirrors me throughout most of school, except I usually tend to have fairly equal number of guy and girl friends. I just seemed to oscillate back and forth between the 2 groups.

But yeah, those comments that girls say about guys are amusing. In fact, I'm sitting here with 4 of my girl friends, haha (they're not reading this).

Closeted said...

I TOTALLY know what you are talking about ALL my close friends are girls.