Thursday, November 15, 2007

the club

when my friends found out that i hadn't been clubbing before, they wanted to take me.
who knew my first clubbing experience would be at a gay club?

[fyi, this is a story from college1]

they told me they would take me clubbing, but it was going to be at a gay club. they asked if it that was alright. i told them i had no problem with it. i was a bit excited and curious, even though the whole club scene isn't really me.
they said that the gay club that we were going to was better than the other clubs in the area. they said some of the other (straight) clubs are good, but they've always had more fun at the gay club.

i'm trying to think who all went that night.
i think it was me, two straight guys, two gay guys, and two straight girls.
on the way down there, they were teasing me.
they were like, "whatever you do, stay with the group. if you wander off by yourself, someone might hit on you."
then one of the girls said, "don't worry, you can just pretend to be my boyfriend."

entering the club, i immediately heard the loud music and saw that it was dark with lots of flashing/rotating lights with some fog every now and then. let's just say that as we got to the dance floor, there was a lot of eye candy, but i didn't know how to act. here i am wanting to look, but i'm supposed to act like i don't enjoy seeing half-naked guys dancing. (not to mention, that i'm still pretty much in denial about myself at this time) so i just kept taking occasional glances as if i was just looking around since it was my first time there.

our little group of friends just started dancing together. i just remember thinking how cool it was too look around and just see everyone having a good time. there were guys dancing with girls, guys dancing with guys, and girls dancing with girls.

we ended up branching off with dance buddies. me and one of the girls, two guys and one girl, and the other two (gay) guys went upstairs to get some drinks. later, the guys came back down. one came up behind me, put his arms around me and started dancing.
everyone started laughing since i was "straight."
i just laughed too and
he said,
"sorry, i couldn't resist doing that to you. it probably made you really uncomfortable!"
obviously, it didn't.
but even if i was truly straight, i don't think i would have been uncomfortable since we were friends (although not the closest). he probably thought since i was straight that it would be weird for me.

anyway, let's cut to later in the night. we've been dancing/talking/just having a good time. we'll i end up having to pee.
i asked them where the restroom was, and they told me it was upstairs. one of the girls asked if i wanted her to go with me to act like a "girlfriend."
i laughed and said, "it's okay, i think i'll be alright."
so i left and headed up stairs. i did my business and came out of the restroom. upstairs, it's open so you you can look down at the dance floor. i decided to look over the railing and find my group.
i stood there by myself looking down watching people dance.
and guess what happened?

2 comments:

Closeted said...

AHHH you can't leave us on the hang like that...haha, can't wait to hear what happens.

Anonymous said...

Hi there
Ive been reading your blog for a few days now (btw I cant believe you jsut left us in that much suspense!)
I feel like Im reading a lot of my own thoughts in someone elses blog, which is bizarre but comforting too. Its nice to know Im not alone. Im at college too and in the closet, hoping to get out soon.
Keep writing, Im looking forward to reading more. All the best.